logo
Malaysia's Best News App

Covid-19 cases down to 3-month low of 5,434

Local

Covid-19 cases down to 3-month low of 5,434

KUALA LUMPUR – Today saw 5,434 new Covid-19 cases, declining even further from yesterday’s three-month low for the country.

In a statement, Health Director-General Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said this brings the cumulative caseload to 2,396,121.

He added there were 8,435 recoveries, bringing the total discharged to 2,278,955, with 682 cases currently in intensive care and 357 requiring breathing aid.

Of the 5,434 infections recorded today, 151 (2.8%) are in Categories 3, 4 and 5, while the remaining 5,283 cases (97.2%) are in Categories 1 and 2. Only five cases today were imported.

Dr Noor Hisham said the country has seen a total of 5,687 clusters since the beginning of the pandemic, including 15 new clusters today. Clusters that have ended are at 5,031 while 656 remain active.

He said nine o

reaction1 reaction1
2
views93
comment0
share3

How to Install Newswav
1. Scan the QR code below
1. Tap this button
QR
2. Tap Get / Install in App Store / Google Play
guide 1
3. Go to homescreen & tap on Newswav app
guide 1